EMORY UNIVERSITY CAREERS
Assistant Staff Veterinarian Scientist
The School of Medicine: Division of Animal Resources is seeking an Assistant Staff Vet Scientist to join their team.
- Under minimal supervision, the Assistant Staff Veterinary Scientist performs a wide range of clinical and preventative veterinary medical services as needed.
- Such care will include clinical services to a variety of species.
- Areas of possible oversight include managed breeding, and clinical, surgical and anesthesia services.
- The Assistant Staff Veterinary Scientist will provide investigator support through advice and assistance regarding the conduct of animal studies, and will support university committees and activities impacting animal resources (e.g. the IACUC, chemical, radiation and bio-safety committees).
- Teaching responsibilities will include the instruction of veterinary residents, veterinary technicians, animal care technicians, research staff and other necessary parties.
- The incumbent will assist in the maintenance of proper records and the generation of reports, applications, grants and the like.
- Prepare for and pass the ACLAM specialty board examination. Expected to show scholarship and service to the university as appropriate.
- The management of direct or indirect reports may be required and training in the supervision of others is expected.
- Other duties, services and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to function as part of a team in a team science context.
- DVM degree, licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Georgia,
- 2 years experience or training in laboratory animal medicine (may include Postdoctoral Residency), and
- ACLAM board-eligible