Division of Animal Resources
Position: Training coordinator
Overview: The successful applicant will join a team of two other Training Coordinators, working under a Senior Training Coordinator within the Emory University Division of Animal Resources. Emory University is a private liberal arts college, which includes a research-intensive School of Medicine. The University is located on a beautiful campus in Atlanta, Georgia’s historic Druid Hills area.
- · Develops and implements training and continuing education programs for a large, diverse division in laboratory animal science.
- · Provides instruction in animal husbandry, veterinary and research procedures, and the use of hazardous materials in animal research.
- · Skills training will include, but is not limited to, animal handling, anesthesia and analgesia, utilizing aseptic technique during surgical procedures, and species-specific procedures training.
- · Conducts proficiency assessments for all University research employees as required for IACUC approval.
- · Designs training materials, electronic presentations, and other training aids for in-person and online training programs for animal research staff within the Division of Animal Resources (DAR); may procure third-party training materials.
- · Conducts continuing education for DAR employees, including classes for AALAS certification preparation, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other job related topics. Evaluates employee performance within training programs to ensure competency.
- · Maintains required training activity records and certification registries. Reviews and manages SOPs for compliance and current relevancy.
- · Performs quality assurance assessments of training programs and recommends program changes to increase effectiveness.
- · Performs other related duties as required.
- • Develop and conduct training for research personnel and animal care staff in both lecture and interactive formats
- • Assist with the development of SOPs
- • Conduct training and assessments for animal care personnel
- · Bachelor's degree and four years of related experience OR LATg certification plus eight years of related experience which includes both laboratory animal experience and training experience.
- · AALAS certifications and/or degrees in teaching or biological sciences are preferred.
For More Information and To Apply: Please apply via the Emory website at: http://www.hr.emory.edu/eu/careers/ (Job Title: Training Coordinator and Reference: 74685BR). Additionally, please send a letter of application along with a resume to Amy Dryman (firstname.lastname@example.org). For additional information about the position and program please contact Amy Dryman via email or lease a message at 404-694-2820.